Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal
This banana baked oatmeal makes the perfect sweet and filling breakfast, snack, or even dessert! These oats are only sweetened with bananas and a handful of chocolate chips, but I promise you won't miss the added sugar!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk any kind of milk. I used 2% regular.
- 1 cup mashed banana 2-3 bananas (Plus one more for slicing on top- optional)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips Plus more for sprinkling. semi-sweet, milk, or dark! I used semi-sweet
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 or other medium sized baking pan with cooking spray.
Mix together the oats, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg then add the milk, mashed banana, and vanilla extract.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
Mix in the chocolate chips.
Pour the mixture into a baking dish. Top with sliced bananas and additional chocolate chips if desired.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is set.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate.
- Recipe Cost is an estimate using the cost of the ingredients at time of purchase.