Walnut Cranberry Chicken Salad
This lightened up walnut cranberry chicken salad is the perfect sweet and savory addition to fresh sliced bread, a salad, or wrapped in a tortilla!
Servings: 10 1/2 cup servings
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt I used plain, non-fat
- 1/3 cup poppyseed dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4.5 cups chopped, cooked chicken about 3 chicken breasts chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- 1/3 cup minced celery approx 1/2 of one stalk
- 1/4 cup minced red onion approx 1/4 of a medium sized red onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- chopped parsley, for garnish optional
Combine the greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and poppyseed dressing in a small bowl. Stir until all dressings are mixed well.
Add chopped cooked chicken, dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, celery, red onion, garlic powder, poppy seeds, salt and pepper into a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Add the dressing to the chicken mixture. Stir well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavors to meld. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
To toast walnuts: Spread chopped walnuts out on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toast for 4-5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until walnuts are lightly browned and fragrant. Careful not to burn, as the walnuts toast quickly. ** All nutrition information is an estimate only. The nutrition information will vary depending on ingredients and amounts actually used in preparations.