Creamy, flavorful, and full of heart healthy ingredients! This Everything Bagel Hummus makes an excellent sandwich spread or dip for raw veggies.
Everything Bagel seasoning has exploded on the shelves the past few years. If you are getting tired of using it on toast and looking for a new way to explore this fun flavor, homemade hummus is the perfect vehicle for this fun seasoning.
While you can use store-bought everything bagel seasoning for this recipe, I highly recommend using this homemade low sodium everything but the bagel seasoning if you are concerned about the amount of salt you are eating. The recipe has only 3% of your daily value of sodium per tsp, while the store bought version comes in at almost 25% of your daily value.
But don’t worry, what the homemade seasoning lacks in salt it makes up in flavor!
How to Make Everything Bagel Hummus
The base of this hummus is easy. You will need:
Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas)
Tahini (sesame seed paste)
Extra virgin olive oil
Low Sodium Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (or store bought)
To get the creamiest hummus possible, it takes a few quick tricks.
First, you can peel the skins off of some, most, or all of the chickpeas. This is not necessary, but the texture will be smoother if you do. If you want to see exactly how to peel these beans, just watch the video below for a quick tutorial.
The second thing to do to get a creamy texture is to whip together the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and water together first before adding the beans. Process for 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides every so often.
Add the beans to the processor and process for 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides a few minutes. The mixture will likely be a little chunky still. Turn the processor back on and drizzle water in 1 tsp at a time until it is thin and creamy to your liking.
Add the Everything Bagel seasoning mixture and mix another 20 seconds or so until combined.
What to serve with Hummus
When serving everything bagel hummus, add some extra seasoning on top for some fun flavor bursts and a pretty finish. Then serve with:
Pita Chips or bread
As a sandwich spread
Did you make this Everything Bagel Hummus yet?
Healthy Everything Bagel Hummus
- Food Processor
- 1 15 oz can Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice about 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Everything Bagel Seasoning
- For extra creamy hummus, peel the skins off of some or most of the garbanzo beans. You can leave all skins intact too, the result will still be tasty! Rinse well and set aside.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and water to the food processor. Process for approx 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed to whip the four ingredients together.
- Add garbanzo beans and process for 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. If the mixture is still crumbly, turn the processor back on and drizzle in water 1 tsp at a time until it is as creamy and smooth as you desire.
- Add 2 tbsp of the low sodium everything bagel seasoning to the food processor. Process for 15-20 seconds until well combined. Remove from the processor, spread on a plate of in a bowl and sprinkle with additional seasoning.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
Not ready to make this hummus just yet? Add it to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Want more Hummus recipes? I’ve got you covered with a tasty one below!